Diabetic Foot Care
Diabetes can affect the feet in many ways. If you are a diabetic you should see a Podiatrist at least every twelve months for an annual diabetes foot check. If you cannot care for your feet sufficiently, it is recommended that you see a Podiatrist to monitor your feet and to provide general nail and skin care. As a diabetic you are more susceptible to infection, it is for this reason regular visits to a Podiatrist is recommended. The following lists specific diabetic treatments available at Fit Foot Podiatry.
- Neuro-vascular assessments: A thorough assessment of your nerves, circulation and muscles.
- General skin and nail care (nail cutting, corn and callous removal)
- Footwear assessment and advice
- Wound care
- Orthotics to offload painful areas or high pressure areas
- Therapeutic wax baths for dry skin and painful joints